Monday, July 7, 2008

Wedding Day- Its just another day of your wedded life Is it (not)so?

Thursday July 3rd of 2008. 7:30 p.m IST
I became restless what to do about it? How to do that? When to plan?
Clueless about what I was blabbering? Ok. The dawn next day would see me on the completion of 4th year of my wedding to Mr.G. So I became too excited about celebrating our 4th anniversary. I wanted to finish the tasks of the day really quick. I wrapped it up by 8.15 p.m and all set to go.
8.30 p.m, same day.
I went to collect my new salwar kameez from the tailor, took it from them and drove back home tardily while I was totally engrossed in the memories of my married life so far. It was drizzling. So was my memories about our meeting; our early days of love affair; the socio-cultural indifference we had; our silly fights; our long heated arguments; the pain we both shared when we decided to part as friends; the whole night telephonic conversations; the emotional bond which brought us back; the way we declared our parents; how matured they dealt with the situation without hurting anyone; and how we became wed locked on the same day 4 years back. The 40 min travel looked like I’ve traveled around the whole world. Yes the world of mine.
9.15 p.m not necessary to say the same day.
I booked a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses with just 2 red roses in the centre of the bunch. I’ve asked the florist to deliver it to my friend who lives in the second floor in my apartment, so that I can collect it later to surprise G.
I went to a factory outlet of Van-Huesen nearby and selected 2 pants in dark grey and crème shades; a silk shirt in light grey colour; two T-shirts of Pepe Jeans. When I reached out my purse to pay…Alas, I left my debit card with him for some or other reason. Needless to say that I dint have hard cash or a credit card to pay such a big bill. The only way left was to call my husband, to bring my card. (I dint think to call my friend or my brother-in-laws coz I dint remind any of’ em, that it would be my anniversary, the next day). To my amazement he came hurriedly thinking I’m in trouble but not having a clue of why was I at a gent’s fabric store. (Coz I dint tell him anything apart from that I needed money and where I was). My husband – so ‘No Wonder’.
When I told him I’ve selected some clothes for him he raised his eyebrows and dared to ask what the occasion was. Should I tell you that I felt like killing myself? After letting his soul to know about the wedding and the importance of anniversary, he managed to tell that it was not effaced from his memory but its just that he dint realize it was July 3rd. Guys, and their own ways of tackling situations! I was happy in a way that it also gave me an opportunity to gift him something which he also tried and felt. He complained that I was egoistic not to remind him about it, and only because of that he was unable to plan for anything. After so many times of his confessing, I accepted to take a kurta of my liking and his choice. (But – yes it looked good on me… Okay. I looked good on it). At last we both returned home gleefully with the bags.
10.45 p.m
I cat-walked before him with all the newly stitched dresses obligating his mind to say I look good on them. I pulled up a plan of having lunch at “The Crown- Residency Towers”. Everything accepted and I went upstairs to collect the bouquet from my friend by 11. 30 when he went to fill water in the jug. By the time I was about to hide it to surprise him by 12 mid-night with the bouquet, the suspense was out because he saw me hiding it behind the couch. I also felt very sleepy and wished him a happy anniversary, tucked myself in bed felt asleep with a great hope of waking up on a great day.
Friday 4th July 2008. 6.30 a.m
I woke up by 6.30 a.m without the help of an alarm or a cockcrow. G was sleeping like a child as usual. Kissing him with another wish I started to make coffee on a dilemma whether to work or to be off. Finally I made my mind, called my boss and told him that I’d be taking a day off. Leave granted. I Switched on the TV and plunged into the couch on a relaxing mode. Settled at Sony Max to watch “So Close”. G woke up by 9 a.m in a haste to tell me he had to open his office, for his staff who usually opens the office was on off.
I let him go reminding of the previous plans we made. He nodded and left by 9.40 a.m.
10.45 a.m: Mobile rang; I was informed that the machines were down he was fixing the problem. He’ll return soon.
11.20 a.m: Mobile rang; I was informed he had to do the installation as well. He’ll return soon.
12.55 p.m: I gave up the hope of going out for lunch. So I started cleaning the Kitchen. (If you’d have thought I did that to prepare for lunch – I am sorry you’re wrong.)
1:30 p.m: Mobile rang; I already knew what it would be conveyed. So I picked the call without much expectation. Hundred times of apologies for being not able to return home half way through the installation from his end.
3.10 p.m:
I was asked what was there for lunch. I replied I started cleaning the entire home, and the phone was banged.
4.00 p.m: When I picked the call, I stormed him with thousands of words of dismay and rage to find him at the door after few minutes, leaving the installation as such, with a parcel of biryani. Meanwhile my friends who remembered my wedding day started calling and wished me. So my mood was lit up.
5.00 p.m: So what? Fights; fights and fights for an hour, complaints and compromises, we both were really tired.
6.00 p.m: I was on my new clothes, with a hair-do of my college days. So was he in his new pants and T-shirt, promising to take me out. He stopped at a Titan Show room –Pondy Bazaar. He got me a beautiful, elegant looking watch of my style. I selected an eye gear for him from fast track; he was looking dashing on it. After which we went to my Mom-In-Laws home, took blessings from the elders, I was offered money by my FIL. I happily took it, parted on a happy note and returned home, where I made dosa and tomato chutney for dinner.

This is the end of “the great 4th wedding anniversary of D.G” :

But We had a hearty conversation, and G was all apologising that he screwed up my plans and pacified me that mere gifts and grandeurs do not only glorify the occasion. It is the love - beyond any expectation which makes our lives better. How true?

So I'm telling you this, it is not that I forgot to tell you this .... I just dont want to make you know that 'I love you beyond anything and everything and that is why I call you 'Mom'.

3 comments:

VV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepa Gowtham's said...

@Venky : Thanks Venky, but I couldn't interpret for what the wishes for...My anniversary or our fights?.

VV said...

Definitely for the anniversary... :)