Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I am not an April fool :)) or :(

I still remember my good old, school and college days where we were fooled and made fun on this much awaited April Fool's day. Lot of preparations to sprinkle ink on each others shirts inspite of several warnings from Amma and Daddy; Sqeezing juices from cashew fruit and filling in the ink pens; Carving potatoes with some shape and getting it inked; Whoof so much hardwork but not doing the homework. Since I am born and raised in a typical joint family, I had so many cousins to back me up in this regard. If in case my uniform gets stained, I always had my Chechis to help me how to get rid of the stains before Amma came from School or atleast before she noticed it. And if you circumvent all the tries of your classmates, neighbours, tuitionmates, oh yeah thats what I call feeling 'triumphant'

Later on my early employment days April fools day had become just pranks playing day. But that was also fun to some extent. But when you grow up in the corporate ladder, it had become so typical stringent professional behaviour, that I couldn't see someone to fool me or do antics. I started from home to office yesterday with some beam of hope, that I'd get fooled today by any of my collegues and how should I dodge it and all. But what a wonder; my office spoke about unmet deadlines, forecoming targets, quarterly reviews, oh even the cost cutting on print papers. They did not have the least possible symptom of remembering that it was April 1st. Come on guys!. Already life has changed a lot, you can not do anything about it, but pls "Altleast - You can change your attitude". People who thought its unneeded to have fun on April 1st can perceive it as an occasion to amuse someone, and oh ya People like me also can change their attitude not to worry that they were not made a goose.
What you say??

1 comment:

VV said...

Ya... true. It has become like that in many cases... People are so engaged with work and stuff and most of the time fail to enjoy life. :(