Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A reverse gear for the past months

Ok… After April 2nd 2008, I dint care to post anything in my blog. Why? Was that I became too busy? Well. Not exactly. Was there nothing important or weird or funny happened to write upon? No. Not really. But Why is because I was too lazy to jot on things which made me happy, feel sad, put me to cry.

Just to keep myself reminded of certain things happened all these months; I am listing down what important things happened during all these months

April: Something very bad happened personally, but all for good. Set out on a trip to Kerala to attend my sister R’s house warming, as well as to visit the new born. Aashitha is amazingly beautiful. She was all smiling at her 3 months to see this Valiyamma and was happily clinging on to G’s shoulders. I really had a good time spending time with Aashish and Aashitha.

May: On the very first day of the month, I and G were at Vaitheeswaran Koil. We both were stumped by the chiseling art of the Naadi Josiyar there within the Devaswom Complex. We not only felt deceived but also defeated. But the trip to Naganathaswamy Temple at Thirunageswaram and Mullaivanathamman Koil at Thirukarukkaavoor made us flippant and we started enjoying the heavenly bliss. Beautiful Amman I’ve ever seen. I’d love to visit time and again to the temple. My heart was filled with peace as if I am surrounded by all the goodness in the world. Strange feel though.

Something good to the core happened on the professional front. I was in seventh heaven with what all I’ve got. I thanked God for all his blessings and G for his tremendous support.

June: Had been a month of crucial happenings. Daddy was operated for Hernia. I saw him shaken on the day of his surgery and was unable to see him mildly groaning because of the pain after surgery. But as usual, he got back with vim and vigour to the ward from the Intensive care the very next day. That’s Daddy.

“Shankara Valiyacha” my achayammas husband left to heavenly abode at his age of 70. I felt very sad and very bad. I loved him for his soft spoken nature, his helping tendency, his charming smile, his love for gardening, his care for his plants, his meticulousness to do things perfectly, and above all his unconditional love for his family. Love you Valiyacha. You are definitely “A Hero” and will remain as the same in my heart and thought forever.

So New Place; New people; New dress; New ID; Lots of new-new things. I am happily enjoying my work.

OK... now what triggered my impulse to post something is “Dasavatharam”

I am not a hard core Kamal Fan. I am neither a movie buff. I’d love to watch selected movies on theatres only for the quality you get to feel of watching it in a big screen. G being a reluctant person when it comes to theatres, or even movies, agreed to take me because of my constant kvetching that he doesn’t care to take me out to watch movies. With so much anticipation caused by the reviews and the hype about the movie, I prepared to watch the movie. But all my expectations were turned off after the sequence took flight to the bio lab in America. Apart from the presence of Kamal nothing seems to be fulfilled in the movie. I was sunk into the movie “Anbe Shivam” so much so fully for at least 2 weeks after I watched it. I loved to have the high resolution DVD of “Thevar Magan” for my favourite movies collection. I even now can sit and watch the whole Michael Madana Kamarajan from start to end inspite of watching it for more than 20 times in all these years.

The algorithmic approach of Kamal to kill the deadly virus shown in the movie looks like anyone can guess the sequence of the movie. A small kid sitting next to me of age 11 started telling what happens next in the movie nettled me for such a poor screenplay(he said he was watching the movie for the first time. - “Kadavuley”). The only relief was the few twists the movie had with the “Poovaragan Character”; the tall Kalifullah Character (I liked him for his innocence and I have this feel because of him 200 lives are saved); the bronze Perumal ; which slid from Asin’s hand and landed in a perfect posture (I got goose bumps watching the Perumal doing it). The narration of the story in Kamals voice and his unflawed pronunciation deserves a special mention.

The only element in the movie which gave me a satisfaction that it worth my time and money was, “the 12th century sequel”, the portrayal of Kamal as G.Bush and the black stone Ranganathar. Apart from that I had an empty feel about the movie. But one should definitely applaud Kamal for the pain and efforts he took to be in 10 different characters. No other actor in the world would have dared it even in their dreams. He benchmarked it. But again it looked like he took all the efforts only to pacify the craving artist within himself to outperform. For normal movie goers there wasn't any surprise to be bowled out.

It gave me a sense of pride to look at K.S.Ravikumar for his vision and verve to take this kind of risk. And I salute Aascar Movies for investing such a huge amount to take one of its kinds - Tamil cinema to the entire movie world.

No comments: